Monday, March 18, 2013

Kristan Higgins - Too Good to Be True




How far would you go to get over a guy?When Grace Emerson's ex-fiancĂ© starts dating her younger sister, extreme measures are called for. To keep everyone from obsessing about her love life, Grace announces that she's seeing someone. Someone wonderful. Someone handsome. Someone completely made up. Who is this Mr. Right? Someone…exactly unlike her renegade neighbor Callahan O'Shea. Well, someone with his looks, maybe. His hot body. His knife-sharp sense of humor. His smarts and big heart.

Whoa. No. Callahan O'Shea is not her perfect man! Not with his unsavory past. So why does Mr. Wrong feel so…right

I found the beginning of this book very hard to stay focused on and found Grace Emerson a little annoying. One thing that I don't necessarily care for in some of Kristan's stories - and there are only a couple that do this- is when they only give the story narration through the heroines words... I love to hear what is going on through the hero's mind and how he lusts over the heroine.. I already know how girls think, give me more of the male mind! 

Once I for further into the story Grace's humor started to come out and it finally brought Callhan O'shea more into the story - but I feel like there are a lot of gaps between seeing him through out the book.. although I LOVE his sense of humor. He is quick with his wit and it's making Grace quick to come back with her own. Over all I truly did like Too Good to Be True, and would most likely read it again... it just takes a few chapters to actually get into it. 

4 STARS !  

No comments:

Post a Comment