Friday, March 29, 2013

Jill Shalvis - Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor Series Book #6)





LOVE CAN HAPPEN IN A HEARTBEAT.

Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh’s lovable mutt to caring for his rambunctious kids. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy single dad…

With so many people depending on him, Josh has no time for anything outside of his clinic and family–until Grace arrives in town. Now this brainy blond is turning his life inside out and giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “good bedside manner.” Josh and Grace don’t know if what they have can last. But in a town like Lucky Harbor, a lifetime of love starts with just one day…


Ohhh I just knew Grace Brooks and Dr. Josh Scott would steal my heart, make me melt and twist me up with JOY! I LOVED Forever and a Day and it definitely goes up in my top favorite books in the Lucky Harbor series. Grace is a go-getter kinda gal that had me rolling during her call waiting mix up between her rocket scientist mother and Dr. Josh - and I especially LOVED all of Josh's replies to her when she thought it was her mother on the line. I was literally rolling on the floor laughing. 
Dr. Josh Scott is an over worked father to his five year old son and his handicapped, but hilarious to boot 21 year old sister. Anna (the sister) is such a big character in this book for me and I enjoyed reading her part. She brought a lot to the story and was a great addition to the plot ... and the way Grace reaches out to her is amazing - she keeps it real! 
I also LOVE Josh's son Toby (ARF) he may not speak "English" too often, but when he does ... he too steals my heart! 
From the starting stages of their relationship I loved how they communicated, flirted and saw each other. Josh takes on everyone's problems and wants to take care of everyone around him - when really deep down he is the one that needs the taking care of.  And to come into his life is a smart, beautiful Grace that is in Lucky Harbor to start her life over and move on and finally prove to her BRAINY parents that she too can be something.. Josh just happens to be that SOMETHING she needs.


5 STARS to an amazing story from Jill Shalvis - not only did she capture my attention but Forever and Day captured my heart a little. In Forever and Day you not only get humor, romance and heat up the sheets-burning hot love scenes, but you get a story that makes you want to never put down the book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment