Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Leanne Banks - Footloose (Bellagio Series, Book #3)


Think working for a leading international shoe company sounds like a dream job? Not if you're Amelia Parker, an overworked, downtrodden temp working for Bellagio, Inc.'s grande dame, Lillian Bellagio. But things are looking up for Amelia. She's just been given the assignment of accompanying Ms. Bellagio to her estate in the Keys. Trading pumps for flip-flops and a cell phone for a conch shell--could be worse, right? Especially when life on the island includes her very own mystery man--one Jack "The Shark" O'Connell, dashing venture capitalist. He dares Amelia to use this time to do something wild: drink a hurricane, go skinny-dipping...have an affair with a dangerously attractive man. Now Amelia will have to decide whether to step into that glass slipper.

Leanna Banks is back with another doozy of a book from her series, Bellagio. As you can see from my previous post - I had a roller coaster of emotions with her previous book in the series, Underfoot. Now with Footloose I once again find myself in limbo with loving the lead male character and sometimes being very-very fishy about him. Jack is a wheeler and dealer and is out to help  Amelia find her way in life after her break up with long time Fiance, Will. 

I loved how Jack helped Amelia out, his flirtation and swag in life was off the charts - but then again he was so secretive and kind of conniving towards Amelia that it bothered me. But it was fun to read him guide Amelia into different scenarios and his immediate eye catching chemistry he found with Amelia.

I did like Amelia's character though and her sweetness about her. Sometimes it's nice to read about those charming southern belle's, but she was one that was afraid to get her feet wet (like a nude swim in a pool) but still dived in head first to do another item on her "to-do list". I found her character adorable and easy to read.. she was pretty funny at times too! 

I didn't care how the book ended - but I think the epilogue made up for it. 

I give Footloose 3 Stars with 4 Star love scenes  

No comments:

Post a Comment