Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Stephanie Bond - Almost a Family




Ten years ago Virgina Catron and Bailey Callihan had to get married, but they loved each other fiercely and adored their son when he came into their lives. Then fate dealt them a cruel blow when their infant son was snatched in a grocery store. Their new marriage couldn’t withstand the strain and when it became clear their baby would not be found, they divorced, brokenhearted and griefstricken. Virginia went back to college and embarked on a successful corporate career; Bailey worked just enough to get by and still parties too much. They haven’t seen each other since their divorce was finalized. They’re both still single, but they’re very different people than when they were young, and still bear deep emotional scars. The story opens when word comes that their son has been found…alive. Can these three virtual strangers come together to make a family?

When I picked up this 99cent box set of Stephanie Bond romance-mystery books off amazon - I have to be honest, I didn't have high hopes for it. The back story to each of the books just didn't grab me.. but I decided this week to dive in anyways and see how it goes. 

The second book in the box set was "Almost a Family" - which probably was the book back story that intrigued me the most ... and I have to say, it definitely did not disappoint. I have never read a story like this. It was so touching, sad, funny and tearful for me. There are several times through out the book that I found myself in tears, but then laughing through the tears from the quit wit and help that Bailey provides Virginia through the troubles of getting their eight year old son back, after he was kidnapped as a baby.  

I was a little worried about how Stephanie would write about a subject that is very difficult to touch.. kidnapping is not something I would normally want to read about, because it's very emotional - but she wrote the emotions, the roller coaster of their coming together again to a T and I was so touched by the story. 

And that doesn't even touch the sexiness and flirtatious demeanourr that comes from Bailey Kallihan - man alive did he come off the pages as sexy! He may have had his "issues" but he still knew how to rev Virgina's engine.. I loved it! 

I not only recommend this book for everyone to read - but I look forward to reading it again myself. 

5 STARS!!!  

You can pick up "Almost a Family" for either your Kindle or on paperback through Amazon by click one of the below:
Paperback - Almost a Family
or
Kindle - Almost a Family
Both only $2.99
  

No comments:

Post a Comment