Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Leanna Banks - Underfoot (Bellagio Series, Book #2)




Bellagio, Inc. public relations genius Trina Roberts had been a bad, bad girl when she'd gone to bed with a recently jilted groom and wound up pregnant. She knew Walker Gordon wasn't looking for forever--at least not with her. So when he took a job overseas, she sort of neglected to tell him about the baby on the way.
Well, now he's back...and he's just figured out the truth.
Walker had been reeling from a very public breakup when Trina had offered solace he couldn't deny. He'd never expected the result would make him somebody's daddy! Trina claimed not to need anything from him, but he was determined that his child have a father; he just didn't know if it should be him. Because a father's shoes...well, those he wasn't sure he could fill.

I found this book to be a head spin... and what do I mean by head spin? I loved it, but it drove me a little crazy at times. 

Trina Roberts and Walker Gordon have a one time hook up after the night of Walkers called of wedding. They're both drunk and wanting each other.. so they do the deed - then  months later Trina is pregnant with Walkers child, who was never told after leaving to live in Paris for a year to get away from the called off wedding drama.

15 months later Walker is now back - but has made it perfectly clear to Trina over the years that he never wants be a father... but too bad, he is!

This is where the head spin came for me - I loved Trina & Walker.. they were sex on a stick hot for each other, he was flirty, sexy and I loved him, but how could he be around his own baby so much through out the book and NOT feel an immediate connection with her? Not only that, but it was weird to me that Trina allowed him to be around so much, mostly around their daughter and wanted his daughter to connect with him, but knew all along that Walker didn't want anything to do with Maddie (their daughter) except be a financial aide for them. I don't see any mom allowing a father to just come around like that.   

This book was weird for me.. I loved it and give it 4 stars! But then again.. it drove me insane with the predicaments

I still say it's a must read and let me know what your thoughts on it is? Did this drive anyone else insane? 

4 STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment